Escape the Ordinary

The gentle waves of the Bay of Bengal softly kiss my feet as I slowly make my way down the beach, leaving a trail of footprints in the golden sand. A touch of crimson lights up the turquoise blue waters at a distant horizon. The serenity of dawn is broken only by the occasional chirping of a bird or two. I savor my solitude while I can.


Puducherry is breathtaking in the morning.

Source: Here
Truth be told, Puducherry and I go back a long time. There is absolutely nothing like long weekends by the sea to soothe my work weary soul. Oh for a life of salty eyelashes and endless oceans!

The fast pace of corporate life has its charms or charm to be exact viz. a fat cheque at the end of the month. It is what pays my bills and fills my closet with Fendi, Gucci and Stella McCartney. There is no way I can trade my high paying desk bound career for a suitcase full of dreams.

Or can I?

Source: Here
My dream is to escape the invisible shackles that chain me to my desk to a life where travelling means more than a weekend getaway to a five star resort. My heart longs to embrace my inner wanderlust and travel the world.

By travelling, I don’t mean going to a place just to tick things off a list or collecting souvenirs just so they can gather dust on shelves at home. I want a life of adventure, the kinds you write novels about.

Source: Here
I dream of scuba diving on the Pacific Coast of Costa Rica – perhaps I could spot a few manta rays and an occasional humpback whale or two.

Source: Here
I dream of hitch hiking across the glamorous Amalfi coast and learn the secret of Italian cooking from a kind old lady I meet during my travels.

Source: Here
I dream of meeting a handsome young man in Buenos Aires who will teach me to do the tango for a glass of Malbec on a balmy summer evening.

Source: Here
I dream of evenings watching fireflies shimmering across the vast tea plantations at a Sri Lankan countryside. If you listen carefully you can hear a waterfall gushing merrily somewhere in the valley below.

Source: Here
I dream of monsoons in Goa - walking in the rain along the beach or just watching the rainfall with a cup of coffee and a good book. Goa is, after all, a state of mind.

Source: Here
My dream is to set foot in all seven continents, to make memories all over the world.

Someday... soon.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

#DreamTrails

“I am blogging about my dreams and passions for the Club Mahindra #DreamTrails activity at BlogAdda. You can get a Club Mahindra Membership to own your holidays!”

No comments:

Post a Comment